What could your SIS data be doing for you if it were live synced to Google Sheets?
Schedule the download of CSV exports from your SIS or other data platform backends and set up Local Hero automate data syncs to Google Sheets.
Once the right data is always up-to-date in Sheets, just imagine the possibilities:
- Create a private, searchable student directory for staff. See demo.
- Build customized, collaborative data dashboards for leadership and teaching staff. See demo.
- Create provisioning automations using Apps Script and Add-ons for Sheets
- Design smarter school processes and interventions that leverage live attendance or gradebook data
How Local Hero works
First, use relevant methods to schedule the delivery of SIS exports as CSV files to your local filesystem — this part Local Hero can’t do for you. Then set up Local Hero to automatically map and sync these CSV files from your filesystem to a destination Google Sheet, on the schedule of your choosing. Now use this live synced Sheet and a growing universe of Google Add-ons — or write your own custom time-triggered Apps Script utilities — to build downstream processes and tools like dashboards, workflows, and automations.
Important note: On Aug 19th, 2016, Google announced that they are discontinuing support for local Chrome Apps in early 2018. Because Local Hero requires the use of scheduled tasks that access the local filesystem, and these features are not possible to build via progressive web applications, Amplified Labs can no longer support Local Hero for Chrome OS devices.
This means that if you installed the original Chrome App, you must migrate to the new Mac or Windows version (see below) and manually re-build your jobs. Apologies in advance for this (sadly) unavoidable inconvenience.
Update on July 26, 2017: Local Hero has been ported to an Electron.js application that is compatible with Mac and Windows. The installer packages are available below:
Automate processesLet your SIS live in the dream of Google Sheets Add-ons.
Rethink ProvisioningDrive, Groups, Users, etc. Once your SIS data is in Sheets, there’s an Apps Script API for that.
- Maximum of 1 sync job per user
Bundled domain subscriptionstarts at
- 33% discount when purchased as part of Labs Unlimited bundle.
- Additional 10% discount for GFE Technical Collaborative members.
- Same features & benefits as a la carte subscription plus additional bundle subscriber benefits.
A la carte domain subscriptionstarting at
- Get a free 30-day trial when you request a quote
- Additional 10% discount for GFE Technical Collaborative members
- Unlimited sync jobs for any user on the domain
- Dedicated help desk support
- Subscription price subject to district size multiplier
- Receive an on-boarding video call with our consulting team (additional $150)
- Need additional help? Amplified IT’s expert consultants can always help you with custom implementation.