Humbly liberating SIS data from silos to the cloud!
What could your SIS data be doing for you if it were live synced to Google Sheets?
Schedule the download of CSV exports from your SIS or other data platform backends and set up Local Hero automate data syncs to Google Sheets.
Once the right data is always up-to-date in Sheets, just imagine the possibilities:
- Create a private, searchable student directory for staff. See demo.
- Build customized, collaborative data dashboards for leadership and teaching staff. See demo.
- Create provisioning automations using Apps Script and Add-ons for Sheets
- Design smarter school processes and interventions that leverage live attendance or gradebook data
How Local Hero works
First, use relevant methods to schedule the delivery of SIS exports as CSV files to your local filesystem — this part Local Hero can’t do for you. Then set up Local Hero to automatically map and sync these CSV files from your filesystem to a destination Google Sheet, on the schedule of your choosing. Now use this live synced Sheet and a growing universe of Google Add-ons — or write your own custom time-triggered Apps Script utilities — to build downstream processes and tools like dashboards, workflows, and automations.
Important note: On Aug 19th, 2016, Google announced that they will be discontinuing support for Chrome Apps for non-Chrome OS devices in early 2018. Chrome OS devices can now access Windows network drives, which bridge the local filesystem to the Google cloud, allowing Local Hero to remain quite useful when running on Chrome OS! Nevertheless, users should be aware that after 2018, this app will require a device running Chrome OS.
Update on June 19, 2017: Local Hero has been rewritten as an Electron.js application to be compatible with Mac, Linux, and Windows and is currently in limited beta release. Subscribers requiring non-Chrome OS support will be given access to this beta release.
Serve insights to teams
Roll your own live data dashboards in Sheets from locally scheduled SIS exports.
Let your SIS live in the dream of Google Sheets Add-ons.
Drive, Groups, Users, etc. Once your SIS data is in Sheets, there’s an Apps Script API for that.
- Maximum of 1 sync job per user
Bundled domain subscriptionstarts at
- 33% discount when purchased as part of Labs Unlimited bundle.
- Same features & benefits as a la carte subscription plus additional bundle subscriber benefits.
A la carte domain subscriptionstarting at
- Get a free 30-day trial when you request a quote.
- Discount for GAFE Collaborative members
- Unlimited sync jobs for any user on the domain
- Dedicated help desk support
- Subscription price subject to district size multiplier
- Receive an on-boarding video call with our consulting team (additional $150)
- Need additional help? Amplified IT’s expert consultants can always help you with custom implementation.
Check out these other Amplified Labs tools