Little SIS for Classroom is a web application that gives your school leaders, coaches, and support staff administrative superpowers in Google Classroom.
The Little SIS Sync Agent is a desktop or server application that automates Google Classroom classes, rosters, and guardians from any SIS, clearing away the teacher setup barriers and launching your school or district into a new level of adoption.
Delegate the appropriate access to different administrative users
Little SIS for Classroom uses a powerful and granular delegation model. By defining Tags, Access Groups, and User Roles, you can empower everyone from school principals to IT integrators to support high quality instruction in Google Classroom.
Little SIS for Classroom scans and maintains a live database of your entire domain for Classroom classes, and can retrieve rosters and assignments for any class, and provides powerful insight reports on usage data tied to schools and time intervals. Little SIS can also be used to perform critical cleanup tasks like identifying and bulk-archiving old, unneeded classes so they don’t clutter up the student and teacher experience.
Synchronize Classroom classes and rosters
The Little SIS Sync Agent extends Little SIS, providing a powerful, flexible, systems-integrated deployment model for Google Classroom. Sync jobs auto-create classes in Google Classroom and update class rosters from student information exports, making it easier for schools to adopt and maintain Google Classroom at scale.
Analyze and sync guardian invitations
- Analyze the current state of all guardian invitations on the domain.
- Manually or automatically send guardian invitations for eligible students from an SIS export.
Progressive automation and scale-up
The Little SIS Sync Agent can detect and link to existing, teacher-created classes
Getting started mid-semester? SIS program not finalized until after the start of school? Your eager-beaver teachers built a bunch of their Classroom classes over the summer? Little SIS has this covered. An auto-detection algorithm will help you spot and resolve any unlinked classes that may have been created independently by teachers, linking them to the correct SIS sections and synchronizing their rosters. Magic!
How the Little SIS Sync Agent works
- Little SIS Sync Agent is installed on local server (typically a VM) on secure district network by an administrator.
- Automated CSV enrollment exports are scheduled for automated delivery to network folder via direct database query or SIS auto-send functionality.
- A Little SIS sync job is created, which includes user-configured data mappings that are used to transform SIS data into Google Classroom classes and rosters OR guardians invitations.
- Update actions are staged for manual review.
- Staged actions are approved by the administrator and executed by Little SIS via the Google Classroom API.
- Once you’re comfortable things are running correctly, steps 3 and 4 can be set to be run as fully automated process!