Be a dele-gator! Unlock the full potential of Google Groups for schools and businesses.
How much more could Google Groups be doing for your organization?
As simple email addresses with Mail, Calendar, Drive, and Sites-sharing superpowers, Google Groups can provide a strong collaboration and communications backbone for running effective schools.
Here are just a few of the many use-cases for groups in schools:
- Admin and teacher team collaboration
- Grade level announcements
- Sports team announcements
- Student club collaboration
- Parent email announcements
Challenges that can prevent schools from getting the most out of Google Groups
Centrally-managed group membership may be perfect for certain use-cases, but what happens if you can’t automate membership sync from a directory? What about cases where allowing staff to manage their own groups is truly the right model?
The native group delegation methods don’t quite fit the reality of users:
- Groups admin user role can manage all groups on the domain — too much authority.
- Group owner user experience is clumsy, opens up many complex settings, and requires the user to be in the groups they manage.
- End-users can’t easily see who is in which groups.
How Group Gator works
The domain administrator assigns delegated group managers via a simple web interface.
Delegated managers view and update group memberships using the Group Gator Add-on for Sheets.
Power to the people
Let the folks on the front lines manage domain group memberships for themselves.
Delegated managers add/remove members using the Group Gator Add-on for Google Sheets.
Reduce email overload
Delegated managers don’t need to be owners or members of the groups they manage.
- Delegate up to 5 domain groups
Bundled domain subscriptionstarts at
- 33% discount when purchased as part of Labs Unlimited bundle.
- Additional 10% discount for GFE Technical Collaborative members.
- Same features & benefits as a la carte subscription plus additional bundle subscriber benefits.
A la carte domain subscriptionstarting at
- Learn how price varies with district size
- Additional 10% discount for GFE Technical Collaborative members
- Unlimited delegated groups
- Dedicated help desk support
- Group Gator Add-on also available to Google-defined group managers and owners
- Subscription price subject to district size multiplier
- Receive an on-boarding video call with our consulting team (additional $150)
Learn more about how to install and use Group Gator.
Check out these other Amplified Labs tools