Launched to general release on June 14th, 2018, App Maker is Google’s low-code development platform that can deliver big functionality for schools.
With App Maker, you can copy and customize from a growing library of app templates, or create your own custom internal apps from scratch via a rich, assistive app-building interface. App Maker excels at simplifying the setup of relational data models, streamlining workflows that include G Suite integration and role-based access. Hosted on CloudSQL, a part of Google Cloud Platform, and with deep integration hooks into G Suite, App Maker is an elegant and scalable solution for the workflow and database needs of schools.
Amplified IT has partnered with the industry-leading App Maker University (AMU) — created by Google Developer Expert and O’Reilly Apps Script book author James Ferreira — to provide a 15-hour bootcamp to get you and your team up and running with App Maker.
Through Amplified IT’s unique AMU resale partnership, you can expect:
- 15 hour curriculum-based course
- Learn to build a deployable app
- 1:1 interaction with your live instructor
- A small cohort experience — each section is limited to 10 participants — to allow for tailored instruction and hands-on, project-based work.
- Weekly drop-in office hours (1 hr / week) with Amplified Labs expert developers to get help with your project or ask any questions about the course content.
Price: $2000 per person. Lower pricing available for multi-seat purchases. Additional 10% discount applies for Amplified IT Google for Education Technical Collaborative members. Course offerings will run during Summer and/or Fall ’18 depending on interest.
Want a backup crew of expert coders to ensure your team’s custom app ambitions get delivered? Amplified IT support hours can be used for custom scripting work you might need in modifying an existing App Maker template or building your custom app.
Set up a discovery call to discuss your custom build idea so we can help you evaluate whether App Maker is a good fit.
Don’t reinvent the wheel. Help us crowdsource and share great solutions.
Districts can pay to subscribe to our supported App Maker templates, which includes GCP credits, setup assistance, and some modest customization during the setup process.
Additional ideas we’re exploring…
- Professional Development Planning and Signups
- Team Drive Management and Visibility
- Dynamic Lookup Tables for Enrollment Data
- School Facilities Reservation and Approval System